We are recruiting for a Health and Safety Specialist/Engineer in Wilson, NC. A BS/BA and 0-1 year of exp is all you need. Relocation available within the US, Job 1218 at consentiumsearch.com
This is just ONE of the over 30 current EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide, many of which are confidential and not listed on our website. There is never any fee or contract for a candidate. All fees are paid by our corporate clients who have hired us to find you!
Reporting to the site EHS Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to align Environmental, Health, and Safety processes with business goals and to engage employees to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner. The incumbent will establish, implement and oversee all EHS programs.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering or related discipline AND one (1) or more years of EHS experience in manufacturing facilities / OR / a Master’s Degree in a related field and 0-1 years of experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Industrial Hygiene related sampling for air, noise etc
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted EHS program auditing procedures
- Demonstrated success executing compliance programs regarding Federal, State and local Safety and Multi-Media Environmental regulations
- Demonstrated success driving safety metrics downward
Additional Preferred Competencies:
- Three or more years of experience
- Working toward Professional Certification (CSP, CEP, CHMM, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with plant leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Aligns corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Participate in/lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Participate in/lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (waste, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a brief summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets and experiences are needed.
Consideration for this position and full job description details will be shared with those who meet or exceed the complete job description.
Response Instructions: Qualified candidates can apply via our website consentiumsearch.com or send their resume to Resumes@consentiumsearch.com referencing the job number listed.
Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please unless if you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please call 973-577-7575
Reminder: All potential candidates must already be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
Follow our job announcements at Twitter.com/Consentium
Consentium Search is a niche professional search firm committed to sourcing and recruiting exceptional professionals for our corporate clients’ EHS jobs.
Consentium Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Recruiting Firm. Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran candidates are all encouraged to submit your credentials.
John McBride, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Director, National Recruiting
Consentium Search LLC
“Tying the Best Companies to the Best Talent”
Proud member of:
American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
National Safety Council (NSC)
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals (ATAP)
Upcoming Corporate Events:
Texas Chemical Safety Conference, June 2019
ASSP Safety 2019, June 2019
National Safety Council Congress and Expo, September 2019 (Job and Career Center Sponsor)
Senior Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Safety & Health Professional – S&ME (Charlotte, NC)
Posted: May 19, 2019
Full job description and apply here.
S&ME, Inc., a leading engineering, design, environmental sciences, and construction services firm that responds to their clients with innovative, sustainable solutions, is seeking a Senior Industrial Hygiene / Occupational Safety & Health Professional to join our North Carolina team, to be based in Charlotte. This industry leader will perform and manage technical industrial hygiene projects supported by an excellent dedicated team for a diverse client base of manufacturing, education, municipal, retail and developer projects. The successful candidate will share an exciting and rewarding opportunity to enhance, grow, and enjoy a career in an established professional practice with a well-respected, employee-owned, engineering and environmental services firm.
Safety/Loss Prevention – Knoxville, TN
Posted: May 12, 2019
Do you have a passion for safety and are looking for a stable career that offers professional growth and advancement opportunities? Use your talents and energy to partner with our underwriters and insureds to promote safety and reduce risks. We are looking for someone with a background in safety, transportation, or risk management who sees loss control as more than just compliance. The Safety Representative assists the underwriting department in the evaluation of current and potential insureds and discusses exposures with company management. You will also assist insureds in developing, implementing, and evaluating their own loss prevention programs. This position is based in our Knoxville, Tennessee office with an assigned territory in west Tennessee and Kentucky. You will have the autonomy to schedule your travel within your assigned region to provide a work-life balance.
This is a career you should consider if you:
- Have a background in Insurance, Trucking Operations, Safety, Logistics, Commercial Auto Risk Management, or Loss Prevention
- Are adept in networking, building relationships, negotiating, and problem solving
- Enjoy coaching, teaching, giving public presentations, and approaching work with a consultative approach
- Possess a strong customer service orientation
- Are a self-starter, organized, analytical, professional, and committed to excellence
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America’s largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Company car
- A formal Management Development Program
- Comprehensive training program
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.)
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company
Health and Safety Specialist – Raleigh, NC (JSG)
Posted: May 02, 2019
JSG is hiring a Health and Safety Specialist (direct hire role) for a key manufacturing client located near Raleigh, NC. In this role you will be developing, coordinating and supporting the company wide Safety and Health program. This position supports safety training, incident investigation and follow-up, incident prevention programs, safety awareness programs, and worker’s compensation claims management. Contact Annette for more information.
- Position requires a BA in Safety Management or related field
- 2 or more year’s work in a manufacturing environment in a Safety and Health role
- ASP Preferred
The client company is not able to provide sponsorship for this role.
Senior Engineering Recruiter Team Lead
JSG | People. Reach. Hire.®
O: 678.564.5698 | F: 770.953.9516 | firstname.lastname@example.org
1000 Parkwood Circle SE | Suite 800 | Atlanta, GA 30339