Is your company looking for a qualified EHS Professional? Click here to get your position posted. Please attach a Word document or PDF of the job description or a direct link to where the posting can be found. The email/attachment should include Title, Job Description, Job Requirements, Physical Location and Contact Information. Jobs with salary ranges provided will receive preferential formatting and advertising.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Lilly unites caring with discovery to create medicines that make life better for people around the world. Lilly is a fortune 500 company that has been in operation for over 140 years. We make medicine with safety first and quality always while living our company values of Integrity, Excellence, and Respect for People.
Lilly is designing and building a new state of the art Parenteral, Device Assembly, and Packaging Facility located at the Research Triangle Park (RTP) in North Carolina. This is an exciting opportunity to help build and operate a state-of-the-art manufacturing site from the ground up.
The Associate – Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) will be responsible for the development and technical support of HSE systems, processes, and programs at the RTP site. Responsibilities will include but not limited to: regulatory and corporate HSE compliance for the site, coordination of all HSE activities for the site, tracking and trending data necessary for the safe operation of RTP, site HSE improvements, and influencing business and strategic planning.
The Associate-HSE provides coaching to the organization to ensure a safe work environment.
- Engage site resources in achieving an injury free workplace.
- Develop, establish, and sustain HSE systems, processes, and programs for the RTP site to support the transition from construction to start up, and to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements
- Partner with construction and design build firms to ensure smooth handoff from construction to start up.
- Develop and establish HSE aspects for RTP and provide ongoing technical support.
- Provide support for all HSE activities at the RTP site including compliance with environmental permits.
- Understand and support the HSE event, CAPA and change control processes, and influence application of the hierarchy of controls to reduce risk, driving toward site and company goals to achieve an injury free workplace.
- Provide floor support to multiple operations (this includes auditing, data collection, trending, and supporting local safety teams).
- Leverage knowledge of severe injury risk to influence minimization of potential events, and increase awareness / knowledge among site resources.
- Provide front line Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Safety, and Environmental support for the site.
- Bachelor of Science in Scientific, Engineering, or HSE discipline
- Prior HSE experience
- Strong HSE regulatory knowledge
- Experience with CAPA system for HSE changes and deviations
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills
- Strong communication and computer skills required
- Green site start up experience preferred
- GMP operational experience
- Role is Monday through Friday based. Must be flexible in providing support to accommodate other inputs (production schedules, shutdowns, etc.). Occasional extended hour and / or off-hour work may be required.
- Position will be based out of RTP site with ability to travel to Indianapolis and other global Lilly sites, as required
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Click here to apply: Associate – Health, Safety, Environmental (myworkdayjobs.com)
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in Raleigh, North Carolina, we are seeking a motivated Senior Safety, Health and Environmental Manager (SHE Manager). A member of the loss prevention team who supports the construction project(s) implementation of their safety and loss prevention program. Responsible for the implementation of the company’s accident prevention program, including federal/state regulations, for assigned project(s) to prevent accidents. Trains jobsite employees and subcontractors about safety programs and protocol. Manages and mentors Safety, Health and Environmental Coordinators and Safety, Health and Environmental Managers.
Essential Functions – Loss Prevention Responsibilities
- Conducts new employee project orientation and basic training with Balfour Beatty and subcontractor employees.
- Assists Loss Prevention and Operations in preparing safety related bid documents and project-specific safety programs.
- Coordinates all Loss Prevention efforts on the project with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Attends subcontractor preconstruction meetings, review task specific Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) and assist with planning for safety issues.
- Assists with material and equipment acquisition for new project setup.
- Conducts frequent inspections of projects and identifies current and future safety challenges.
- Assists Loss Prevention in establishing and administering project safety recognition programs.
- Prepares written reports of project inspections and assists project staff with correcting and preventing hazards.
- Conducts project loss prevention audits.
- Provides technical safety consulting services for projects and reviews preconstruction safety submittals.
- Leads Loss Prevention and project staff with safety training at all levels.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining a project crisis management plan.
- Conducts accident investigations and assists with OSHA and environmental inspections.
- Manages workers compensation claims including the return to work program.
- Maintains project incident logs for all reported injuries, GL claims, WC claims, and OSHA recordables.
- Assists Superintendent with sediment and erosion control and other environmental responsibilities.
Promote Customer Relations
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image.
- OSHA 500 Safety certification
- Demonstrates ability to assist with more than one project at a time
- Demonstrates accurate record keeping skills
- Demonstrates the ability to be a team player and function in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrates the ability to mentor/train others
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook)
- B.S. in Safety & Environmental Health, Construction Management or related field or certification as a Certified Safety Professional, preferred (or equivalent experience) and 10+ years of experience, preferably in the construction industry
- Demonstrates solid customer service skills and verbal/written skills
- Actively participates in industry, client and community relations
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Click here to apply: balfourbeattycareers.ourcareerpages.com/JobView.aspx?id=601050&idpartenaire=132
The purpose of this position is to perform a full range of environmental, health and safety duties within the facility. The job function centers around the creation of policies and processes that drive and ensure the protection of people, property and the environment, minimization of risk to workers and the Company, and compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices
- Develop methods for anticipating and predicting hazards from experience, historical data and other sources.
- Identify and recognize hazards in existing or future systems, equipment, products, software, facilities, processes, operations and procedures during their expected life.
- Evaluate and assess the probability and severity of loss events and accidents which may result from actual or potential hazards.
- Apply methods developed and conduct hazard analysis and interpret results.
- Review entire systems, processes and operations for failure modes, causes and effects of the entire system, process or operation and any sub-systems or components due to:
- System, sub-system or component failures
- Human error
- Incomplete or faulty decision making, judgments or administrative actions
- Weaknesses in proposed or existing policies, directives, objectives or practices.
- Review, compile, analyze and interpret data from accident and loss event reports and other sources regarding injuries, illnesses, property damage, environmental effects or public impacts to:
- Identify causes, trends and relationships
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and validity of required information
- Evaluate the effectiveness of classification schemes and data collection methods
- Initiate investigation
- Provide advice and counsel about compliance with safety, health and environmental laws, codes, regulations and standards.
- Assess environments, tasks and other elements to ensure that physiological and psychological capabilities, capacities and limits of humans are not exceeded.
- Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs
- Formulate and prescribe engineering or administrative controls, before exposures, accidents and loss events occur to
- Eliminate hazards and causes of exposures, accidents and loss events
- Reduce the probability of severity of injuries, illnesses, losses or environmental damage from potential exposures, accidents and loss events when hazards cannot be eliminated.
- Develop methods which integrate safety performance into the goals, operations and productivity of organizations and their management and into systems, processes and operations or their components.
- Develop safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, codes and standards for integration into operational policies of organizations, unit operations, purchasing and contracting.
- Consult in the planning, design, development and installation or implementation of systems or programs involving hazard controls. Consult in the planning, design, development, fabrication, testing, packaging and distribution of products or services regarding safety requirements and application of safety principles which will maximize product safety.
- Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard programs.
- Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazards controls and hazard control programs.
- Implement, document and maintain all OSHA, EPA, DEP, DOT and local requirements for environmental, health and safety including, but not limited to:
- Reports directly to Director of Operations
- Matrix (dotted line) reporting to VP of Global EHS compliance
- Interacts with Finance, Human Resources, Operations
- Direct reports include Safety & Health Coordinator, Waste Treat & Environmental Coordinator, Waste Treat Operators, Quality Technicians
- Internal relationships: All facility associates, other facilities as needed
- Bachelor Degree with an emphasis on Environmental, Health, and Safety or equivalent field
- 5 – 7 years experience in an Environmental, Health, and Safety capacity
- Understanding of Waste water treatment at a metals facility
- Previous experience developing facility programs and providing EHS training
- Previous experience with compliance reports to OSHA, EPA, other state or federal agencies as required
- The incumbent should have a fundamental knowledge of physics, chemistry, biology, physiology, statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering mechanics, industrial processes, business, communication and psychology
Personal Trait Profile
- The incumbent must have strong leadership skills and be a “change agent” supportive of continuous improvement through associate involvement
- To be successful, the incumbent must be able to focus on key improvement priorities. In this environment, decisiveness is critical; deciding what not to do is as important as deciding what to do.
- Other skills and traits include strong problem solving skills and strong communication skills (one on one, presentation skills and writing skills).
- Capable of multi-tasking with clear strategic and tactical planning.
- Proven ability to management large budgets with a proven history in cost savings and cost reductions.
- Organized/strong time and project management skills – Empathetic – Fast thinker with good judgment – Trustworthy.
Scope and Impact of Position Responsibilities
This position is very important to ensure that all associates are working in a safe environment. This will reduce the risk of injury to the associates as well as reduce the liability risk to the facility. Responsible for facility compliance to all federal and state regulations to ensure the company is operating in a safe manner. Without this position, proper policies and procedures may not be adhered to which could pose a significant legal liability for the facility and upper management staff, as well as the overall organization. Failure to adhere to regulations could negatively impact production as well as delivery and the facility’s ability to remain a profitable manufacturer.
At Apex Tool Group (www.apextoolgroup.com), we build innovation. Each day, our associates strive to find new and exciting ways to help our customers solve their most complex challenges. By harnessing our global resources, unprecedented insights and spirit for service, we build more than just tools for the jobsite – we help build the future.
ATG is a global manufacturer of hand and power tools, tool storage and accessories, chain, and electronic soldering solutions with more than $1.2 billion in annual revenues. Our 6,700 associates around the world have built powerhouse brands like GEARWRENCH®, SATA®, Crescent®, Cleco®, Weller® and APEX®. Our brands are trusted by the professional trades and DIY enthusiasts alike. With our roots dating back to the 1800’s, our tools have driven technological advancements that drive efficiency, speed and safety for customers in a broad range of commercial and consumer markets.
As part of the ATG team, you will move fast, think globally, learn from your colleagues and grow your career. You’ll enjoy competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance and have opportunities to give back to the communities we serve.
Our six core values – Customers Come First, Integrity in All We Do, Continuous Improvement, Innovation for Growth, Passion to Succeed and Best Talent, One Team – drive our daily decisions. Connect with us on social media to learn more – Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
If your goal is to work where finding a better way never ends and your ideas become reality, join us and say #WeBuildATG!
Job Title: Safety Manager
Reports to: VP of Operations and Safety
Business Overview and Company Description:
Insource Performance Solutions refines, manages and executes labor-intensive processes within its customers’ manufacturing and distribution facilities. By aligning its carefully selected employees and performance-based pricing with customers’ objectives, Insource is accountable for increasing throughput, improving quality, and reducing cost. Insource Performance Solutions has the experience and engineering expertise to deliver in diverse operating environments with a commitment to continuous process improvement and accountability. With its performance based and flexible managed workforce solutions, Insource enables its customers to unlock their operation’s potential. Turnkey Solutions. Accountable Performance. Lower Cost. Proven Results. Guaranteed.
The primary function of the position is to track safety trends, create and implement companywide safety programs, identify problematic conditions, eliminate and control hazardous conditions, reduce cost related to safety issues within the company, which may lead to substantial injuries, estimated time off and/or property damage using safety standards, best management practices, and analytical techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with creation of Annual Site Safety plans
- Review and read safety monthly reports.
- Review Safety Topics training logs.
- Perform companywide site safety audits.
- Promote a proactive approach accidents and injury prevention.
- Assist with accident investigations and audit CPAR’s
- Follow up on accidents and preventative action plans.
- Train managers on company safety.
- Prepare Monthly Safety Reports for sites.
- Review and prepare company Safety Scorecard with engineering and upload info.
- Manage the company wide safety CPAR log.
- Perform accident trend analysis.
- Implement and perform company “Give Me 5” Site Safety Audit.
- Manage companywide safety matrix and other control databases.
- Develop, implement, and maintain safety incentive plans.
- Develop, list questions, and distribute 3 monthly safety topics.
- Job Safety analysis & Hearing conservation testing.
- Manage the company wide “Train the Trainer” program.
- Manage safety folder in
- Research on the industries best practices and implement new ideas on safety.
- Make sure all sites are in compliance with OSHA mandatory training and information is uploaded.
- Ability to travel 40% of time to customer sites.
- Various other duties assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience managing safety functions in an assembly, manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Experience on an industrial implementation or training team.
- Bachelor Degree required
- Experience in worker’s compensation management and administration, unemployment claims, benefit administration and other legal requirements of HR practices at the state and federal level. Such areas include, but are not limited to ADA, FMLA, EEO, OSHA, unemployment, and immigration.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in both English and Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to use a variety of learning/training concepts and principles is required along with expert knowledge of Insource processes.
- Excellent planning and analytical skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Strong information search and research skills, creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives.
- Strong writing skills to develop business correspondence, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to relate to people with diverse characteristics to initiate action, clarify understanding and build consensus, or resolve differences.
- Ability to build partnerships with production supervisors and regional managers, as well as the various other department heads.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Personal computer experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Self disciplined individual with strong work ethic. Self starter.
- Ability to train new employees.
- Thoroughness and attention to details, with an ability to adhere to a timeline to ensure success.
Click here to learn more and apply: Performance-Based Labor Solutions with Insource (insourceperforms.com)
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT & CEO
FLSA STATUS: SALARIED/EXEMPT
The Safety Director assumes full responsibility for all aspects of the corporate safety program and
champions the Safety First culture. Primary responsibilities require creation, implementation and
management of Safety First program; general responsibilities address employee training,
continuous improvement measures and vendor and customer relations. Leadership
responsibilities include guidance for the safety department and teambuilding to develop
constituencies needed to transform organizational safety.
To ensure program success, the Safety Director establishes a reputation of competence and
credibility through industry knowledge, exemplary practice and effective communication, leadership
and teamwork skills. Objective: all operational practices and results reflect the Safety First
philosophy (i.e., operations and installations are conducted with safety as the first priority).
• B.S. degree in Environmental Health & Safety or related field
• Must be authorized to teach OSHA Construction Outreach Courses: 10 hour & 30 hour
• 5 years’ management experience in a structured safety program
• ASP and/or CSP designation a plus
• Strong knowledge of applicable environmental statutes and safety regulations (federal,
state and local)
• Proven ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement effective solutions to
• Proven experience managing staff and working with third-party stakeholders
• Willingness to travel within corporate region approximately 50% of the time
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Must have a valid driver’s license