Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of residential swimming pool equipment in the world, with a significant presence in the commercial pool market that is continuously growing. Headquartered in Elizabeth, New Jersey, Hayward designs, manufactures and markets a full line of residential and commercial pool and spa equipment including pumps, filters, heating, cleaners, salt chlorinators, automation, lighting, safety, flow control and energy solutions. For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to our customers’ needs and makes sure they are implemented during the design and manufacturing process. The goal is to become the preferred brand of choice with every residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
The Health and Safety Manager works with senior management to implement, oversee and ensure the compliance of the organization’s environment, health, and safety plan and designs. They create programs such as company policies, investigate in cases of accidents, implement post-injury follow up procedures for workers and assist in the achievement of profitability/productivity requirements.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Assist HR with the management of workers’ compensation to expedite legitimate claims and protect from illegitimate claims
• Conduct site audits, evaluate plant’s compliance with safety and environmental regulations and identify areas of improvements
• Create and manage budgets for health and safety activities including consulting and testing, waste removal, safety equipment, safety recognition activities, etc
• Implement environmental solutions and drive changes in manufacturing processes/systems that lead to reduction in environmental waste streams
• Lead investigations on safety and environmental non-compliance incidents and provide urgent response to operational issues
• Lead plant safety and environmental training programs
• Manage plant’s environmental and OSHA regulatory reporting and record keeping requirements
• Provide project support for corporate health and safety initiatives
• Provide technical expertise to plant personnel on key governmental regulations pertaining to environment, health, and safety• Ensure that the workplace possesses an ideal and safe work environment to protect the health of the staff and visitors
• Identify hazardous elements like chemical, physical, radiological, and biological in the workplace
• Inspect and evaluate all equipment, practices and procedures in accordance with safety legislation and government regulations
• Predict all kinds of potential risks (accidents, diseases, etc.), identify their causes and recommend measures to prevent or minimize them
• Report all critical emergencies, accidents, staff complaints to the management, and investigate such cause
• Set up emergency plans and educate all employees how to handle such situations
Health and safety being a crucial matter, the role of a health and safety manager requires a competent, dedicated and responsible attitude in the person. The manager must monitor and address safety issues for employees and the company. He/she has the ability to assess operational, procedural or environmental risks and threats before they occur and take corrective measures accordingly. Minimizing risks, designing programs, formulating emergency plans, incident reporting and examining safety levels are some of the basic tasks that are carried out by these professionals. He/she aims to promote the physical and mental well being of employees with the help of certain techniques and methods which are in line with the organization’s health and safety policies.
• Display strong leadership and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
• Lead multi-disciplinary teams in incident reviews and problem solving
• Portray ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously
• Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to assess and predict potential risks and recommend essential remedial measures
• In-depth knowledge of environment, health and safety regulations
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Safety or Environmental sciences
• Experience preparing and delivering EH&S training, EHS recordkeeping, reporting, and compliance
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
EHS Manager – Greenville, NC Area
Posted: Nov 29, 2018
Location: Greenville, NC area
Job Description: Multinational, publicly traded Food and Beverage company has an immediate need for an EHS Manager for their Greenville NC area plant. They are looking for a change agent to move the site’s compliance performance to world-class.
• B.S. degree in Safety Management, Environmental Health, or related field.
• 3+ years of progressive E&SH experience; Food industry a plus
• Strong knowledge of safety regulations: OSHA, lockout/tagout, machine guarding, hazard communications, accident investigation, and training methods
• Knowledgeable of industry best practice with PSM & RMP, preferred• Prior programs management/supervisory experience is desired
• Develops/implements policies and programs to ensure the facility is in compliance with safety and health requirements.
• Manages daily activities among employees to increase awareness and education levels regarding safe and compliant work.
• Assures the plants E&SH Improvement Plan is appropriate and executed.• Analyzes incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
• Perform job site analysis to determine employee and property exposures, and institute safe work practices.
• Conducts regular safety inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions.
• Maintains all site required documentation related to health and safety programs.
• Oversees hazardous waste control and disposal activities.
• Coordinates Environmental duties including; SWPPP, NPDES, Permit, Internal/External Environmental Audits, Air Pollution Permit, Air Quality Inspections, Dust Collector Reports, Hazardous Waste, TIER II Report Corporate Environmental Audit and present annual training.
• Supports property inspection process and closure of loss prevention findings.
• Monitors and supports security-related events.
• Participates in claims management program with HR team. This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. Applicants must possess unrestricted US work authorization.
Contact/Apply: Colleen Doerr, Senior Recruiter: CDoerr@professionaloutlook.com