President and Director of Operations
Fisher Improvement Technologies
Rob is currently the President and Director of Operations for Fisher Improvement Technologies (FIT), a US Based, Native-American, and Veteran-owned business headquartered in Concord, NC. Rob is considered an international thought-leader in the science of human error. Rob is not only a member of the NC Chapter; he is also a member of the Tarheel ASSP chapter.
Rob spent almost ten years in the US Nuclear Navy before working at the South Texas Nuclear Project for twelve years. Rob has been consulting since leaving commercial nuclear power operations in 1996.
The company Rob leads (FIT) has been involved in developing multiple industry international standards for human and organizational performance, incident analysis, and procedures. FIT is internationally recognized for its work in reducing fatalities and serious / life-altering injuries. They have successfully partnered with over one hundred companies in various fields, including manufacturing, petrochemical, power generation (nuclear and non-nuclear), power transmission and distribution, and numerous Department of Energy sites. FIT consults internationally in Australia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, Spain, Russia, China, and many others.
Additional Accomplishments Include:
- Co-Author of IEEE Root Cause Standard 1707-2015 (one of only five authors of the standard)
- Co-Author of “Risk and Reliability in Healthcare & Nuclear Power – Learning From Each Other”
- Team member on the Texas A&M bonfire collapse investigation
- Membership on the International Procedure Symposium Steering Team and an annual featured contributor for the Human Performance, Root Cause & Trending (HPRCT) conference
- Involvement in multiple industry committees for fatality prevention, safety, human & organizational performance, and procedures
- Featured speaker at the Campbell Institute for Leadership (National Safety Council), ORCHSE Global, and Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), ASSP, and many others
We are proud to have Safety Professionals such as Rob Fisher and all of our previously spotlighted members in our NC Chapter. In truth, we are proud of all our active members for their efforts to make the world a safer place.
Rob Fisher will be our December Monthly Technical Webinar meeting presenter:
The Importance of Values-Based Engagements; December 10, 2020,12:00 pm – 1:30 pm