- April Webinar
April 8, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Topic: Safety Through Accountability and Recognition: An Approach to Succeed at Management Commitment and Worker Engagement
Today’s Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) are built on more than just the Plan, Do, Check and Act tenets. Management Commitment and Worker Involvement are the framework on which these tenets for Organizational Culture are now designed. For most of our peers in the safety profession, these two concepts are not taught in school, are not clearly explained in the OHSMS publications, nor are there clear reference materials to help us implement these concepts. This course will use accountability and metrics to provide a foundation for designing, implementing, and verifying management commitment. In addition, similar metrics can be used as a foundation to motivate worker level involvement, i.e., recognition. Pitfalls of common recognition programs will also be presented.
- Define management accountability and commitment to the Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS)
- Practice using process metrics to measure management accountability with an introduction to a balanced set of metrics
- Develop recognition programs to motivate workforce participation that do not use accident statistics.
PAUL A. ESPOSITO, CIH, CSP
President and Owner
STAR Consultants, Inc.
Since 1997, Mr. Esposito has been President of STAR Consultants, Inc. With over 40 years of technical experience, he has a Master’s in Health and Safety from Johns Hopkins University, is a Certified Industrial Hygienist, a Certified Safety Professional and certified as a Management Systems auditor. Based in Annapolis, MD, Mr. Esposito assists STAR customers worldwide in the implementation, delivery and assessment (audit) capabilities of EHS programs and management systems. Some of his specialty areas include:
- Risk assessment and management,
- Auditing and audit program development
- Leading metrics (to include risk-based metrics utilizing a balanced scorecard approach),
- Management systems development
- Voluntary Protection Program surveys and inspections.
- Expert Witness services
Mr. Esposito regularly presents seminars at conferences worldwide and is a recognized leader as a speaker on occupational health and safety issues. He has also stared on on-line training company: Cirrus Safety Training Online, providing standing and customized training for H&S professionals.
Microsoft Teams Meeting
Venue: Web Based Virtual Meeting