We are recruiting for a Health and Safety Specialist/Engineer in Wilson, NC. A BS/BA and 0-1 year of exp is all you need. Relocation available within the US, Job 1218 at consentiumsearch.com
This is just ONE of the over 30 current EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide, many of which are confidential and not listed on our website. There is never any fee or contract for a candidate. All fees are paid by our corporate clients who have hired us to find you!
Reporting to the site EHS Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to align Environmental, Health, and Safety processes with business goals and to engage employees to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner. The incumbent will establish, implement and oversee all EHS programs.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering or related discipline AND one (1) or more years of EHS experience in manufacturing facilities / OR / a Master’s Degree in a related field and 0-1 years of experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Industrial Hygiene related sampling for air, noise etc
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted EHS program auditing procedures
- Demonstrated success executing compliance programs regarding Federal, State and local Safety and Multi-Media Environmental regulations
- Demonstrated success driving safety metrics downward
Additional Preferred Competencies:
- Three or more years of experience
- Working toward Professional Certification (CSP, CEP, CHMM, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with plant leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Aligns corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Participate in/lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Participate in/lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (waste, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a brief summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets and experiences are needed.
Consideration for this position and full job description details will be shared with those who meet or exceed the complete job description.
Response Instructions: Qualified candidates can apply via our website consentiumsearch.com or send their resume to Resumes@consentiumsearch.com referencing the job number listed.
Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please unless if you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please call 973-577-7575
Reminder: All potential candidates must already be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
Follow our job announcements at Twitter.com/Consentium
Consentium Search is a niche professional search firm committed to sourcing and recruiting exceptional professionals for our corporate clients’ EHS jobs.
Consentium Search is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Recruiting Firm. Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran candidates are all encouraged to submit your credentials.
John McBride, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Director, National Recruiting
Consentium Search LLC
“Tying the Best Companies to the Best Talent”
Proud member of:
American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
National Safety Council (NSC)
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals (ATAP)
Upcoming Corporate Events:
Texas Chemical Safety Conference, June 2019
ASSP Safety 2019, June 2019
National Safety Council Congress and Expo, September 2019 (Job and Career Center Sponsor)