Fiberon located in New London, NC, has an opening for an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to lead safety and health programs throughout the multiple New London facilities. The EHS Manager will develop and execute health and safety plans in all Fiberon locations according to legal guidelines. Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety. Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the safety and health program to ensure compliance with established policies and OSHA regulations.
- Analyze associate and business needs for facilities safety programs and develop short and long-range strategies, goals, and action plans to meet those needs.
- Communicate safety strategies and information to management and associates.
- Develop, communicate and lead safety plans and strategies at the manufacturing and distribution sites.
- Coordinates inspections of facility to detect existing or potential accident, fire, and health hazards; and recommends corrective or preventative actions
- Direct the development and revision of safety process and procedures.
- Monitor safety related contracts and vendors to ensure delivery of agreed upon deliverables
- Investigate and respond to safety incidents and issues, conduct “Root Cause Analyses” and coordinate Job Hazard Analyses
- Manages and conducts associate training programs in safety, environmental and fire prevention processes and procedures.
- Serve as the Security Focal Point for the facilities and manage security process.
- Serves as liaison with local fire departments, area hospitals, and other outside agencies regarding associate safety and health programs
- Leads/Facilitates all plant and local leadership level safety teams
- Monitor and document the air emissions, wastewater discharges, hazardous and non-hazardous waste to ensure compliance with regulatory laws and corporate requirements.
- Complete SARA Tier 1 & 2 and TRI reporting.
- Manages facility Hazardous and Non-hazardous waste programs to ensure compliance with Local, State & Federal regulations.
- Manages the facility air permit to ensure compliance with Local, State & Federal regulations. Includes the management of facility emissions reporting, compliance certification and aid in the development of new air permits.
- Manage the facility SPCC & SWPPP plans to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Resolve with facility management any regulatory compliance issues and facilitate on behalf of the site any environmental permit applications or renewals to the appropriate regulatory agency.
- Provide associates and contractors training in the areas of waste management, RCRA, SWPPP, SPCC and minimization emergency response.
- Represent the company with external environmental regulators (permitting, inspections, compliance reporting).
- Manage site EH Specialist position.
- Aid in the implementation of Fortune Brands EHS requirements
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) or Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in EHS Management in a manufacturing environment.
- Prefer Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH) certification.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of EHS regulations and requirements (OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Demonstrate strong leadership, team building and coaching skills.
- Proven experience elevating safety programs.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to function and lead in a team environment.
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
Founded in 1997 in North Carolina, Fiberon built its business selling high-quality, eco-friendly composite decking, railing and fencing. In 2007, after a period of rapid growth, Fiberon expanded operations to Meridian, Idaho, enabling efficient bi-coastal manufacturing and distribution. Today, Fiberon is part of the Doors & Security segment of Fortune Brands Home & Security, which also includes Therma-Tru Doors, Master Lock, and Fypon.