Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in Raleigh, North Carolina, we are seeking a motivated Senior Safety, Health and Environmental Manager (SHE Manager). A member of the loss prevention team who supports the construction project(s) implementation of their safety and loss prevention program. Responsible for the implementation of the company’s accident prevention program, including federal/state regulations, for assigned project(s) to prevent accidents. Trains jobsite employees and subcontractors about safety programs and protocol. Manages and mentors Safety, Health and Environmental Coordinators and Safety, Health and Environmental Managers.
Essential Functions – Loss Prevention Responsibilities
- Conducts new employee project orientation and basic training with Balfour Beatty and subcontractor employees.
- Assists Loss Prevention and Operations in preparing safety related bid documents and project-specific safety programs.
- Coordinates all Loss Prevention efforts on the project with the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Attends subcontractor preconstruction meetings, review task specific Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) and assist with planning for safety issues.
- Assists with material and equipment acquisition for new project setup.
- Conducts frequent inspections of projects and identifies current and future safety challenges.
- Assists Loss Prevention in establishing and administering project safety recognition programs.
- Prepares written reports of project inspections and assists project staff with correcting and preventing hazards.
- Conducts project loss prevention audits.
- Provides technical safety consulting services for projects and reviews preconstruction safety submittals.
- Leads Loss Prevention and project staff with safety training at all levels.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining a project crisis management plan.
- Conducts accident investigations and assists with OSHA and environmental inspections.
- Manages workers compensation claims including the return to work program.
- Maintains project incident logs for all reported injuries, GL claims, WC claims, and OSHA recordables.
- Assists Superintendent with sediment and erosion control and other environmental responsibilities.
Promote Customer Relations
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image.
- OSHA 500 Safety certification
- Demonstrates ability to assist with more than one project at a time
- Demonstrates accurate record keeping skills
- Demonstrates the ability to be a team player and function in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrates the ability to mentor/train others
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook)
- B.S. in Safety & Environmental Health, Construction Management or related field or certification as a Certified Safety Professional, preferred (or equivalent experience) and 10+ years of experience, preferably in the construction industry
- Demonstrates solid customer service skills and verbal/written skills
- Actively participates in industry, client and community relations
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Click here to apply: balfourbeattycareers.ourcareerpages.com/JobView.aspx?id=601050&idpartenaire=132