Job Title: Safety Manager
Reports to: VP of Operations and Safety
Business Overview and Company Description:
Insource Performance Solutions refines, manages and executes labor-intensive processes within its customers’ manufacturing and distribution facilities. By aligning its carefully selected employees and performance-based pricing with customers’ objectives, Insource is accountable for increasing throughput, improving quality, and reducing cost. Insource Performance Solutions has the experience and engineering expertise to deliver in diverse operating environments with a commitment to continuous process improvement and accountability. With its performance based and flexible managed workforce solutions, Insource enables its customers to unlock their operation’s potential. Turnkey Solutions. Accountable Performance. Lower Cost. Proven Results. Guaranteed.
The primary function of the position is to track safety trends, create and implement companywide safety programs, identify problematic conditions, eliminate and control hazardous conditions, reduce cost related to safety issues within the company, which may lead to substantial injuries, estimated time off and/or property damage using safety standards, best management practices, and analytical techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with creation of Annual Site Safety plans
- Review and read safety monthly reports.
- Review Safety Topics training logs.
- Perform companywide site safety audits.
- Promote a proactive approach accidents and injury prevention.
- Assist with accident investigations and audit CPAR’s
- Follow up on accidents and preventative action plans.
- Train managers on company safety.
- Prepare Monthly Safety Reports for sites.
- Review and prepare company Safety Scorecard with engineering and upload info.
- Manage the company wide safety CPAR log.
- Perform accident trend analysis.
- Implement and perform company “Give Me 5” Site Safety Audit.
- Manage companywide safety matrix and other control databases.
- Develop, implement, and maintain safety incentive plans.
- Develop, list questions, and distribute 3 monthly safety topics.
- Job Safety analysis & Hearing conservation testing.
- Manage the company wide “Train the Trainer” program.
- Manage safety folder in
- Research on the industries best practices and implement new ideas on safety.
- Make sure all sites are in compliance with OSHA mandatory training and information is uploaded.
- Ability to travel 40% of time to customer sites.
- Various other duties assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience managing safety functions in an assembly, manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Experience on an industrial implementation or training team.
- Bachelor Degree required
- Experience in worker’s compensation management and administration, unemployment claims, benefit administration and other legal requirements of HR practices at the state and federal level. Such areas include, but are not limited to ADA, FMLA, EEO, OSHA, unemployment, and immigration.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in both English and Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to use a variety of learning/training concepts and principles is required along with expert knowledge of Insource processes.
- Excellent planning and analytical skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Strong information search and research skills, creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives.
- Strong writing skills to develop business correspondence, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to relate to people with diverse characteristics to initiate action, clarify understanding and build consensus, or resolve differences.
- Ability to build partnerships with production supervisors and regional managers, as well as the various other department heads.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Personal computer experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Self disciplined individual with strong work ethic. Self starter.
- Ability to train new employees.
- Thoroughness and attention to details, with an ability to adhere to a timeline to ensure success.
Click here to learn more and apply: Performance-Based Labor Solutions with Insource (insourceperforms.com)